The cornerstone of the legal environment in the United States is based upon two principles, (1) the rule of legal thought, and (2) the independence of the legal system. The rule of legal thought provides that society is subject to the legal rules, for all.
- Coinbase forms political action committee July 20, 2018Coinbase, the popular cryptocurrency exchange, formed its own political action committee.
- Maggie Haberman on Trump, 18 months in July 20, 2018It's been 18 months to the day of Donald Trump's inauguration -- and the pace of change has been relentless. White House correspondents are exhausted. But Maggie Haberman's role has remained constant. She just keeps serving up scoops.
- Trump escalates his war with the Fed July 20, 2018President Donald Trump has escalated his highly unusual attack on the Federal Reserve.
- Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle abruptly leaves the network July 20, 2018Kimberly Guilfoyle, a Fox News host and one of the network's top stars, abruptly parted ways on Friday with the cable news channel.
- Right-wing media called him a leftist terrorist. He appears to be a pro-gun conservative July 20, 2018After he was arrested earlier this week by authorities in South Dakota, Mark Einerwold immediately became a character in an ongoing narrative within conservative media, where he was depicted as the latest example of a left-wing domestic terror threat.
- Facebook's rhetoric on misinformation doesn't match its actions July 20, 2018Facebook has said it finds claims that survivors of a violent tragedy are actually actors duping the public to be "abhorrent." The company has said that content with such claims violates its community standards, and has pledged to remove such posts.
- Facebook suspends another data analytics firm July 20, 2018Read full story for latest details.
- The classic car industry could be hurt by tariffs, too July 20, 2018Read full story for latest details.
- Experimental treatment uses modified stem cells to fight cancer July 20, 2018A clinical trial run by UCLA is testing a potentially pioneering form of immunotherapy that could turn a patient's own body into a powerful weapon against cancer.
- Avis CEO says rental car biz is alive and well July 20, 2018Avis Budget Group may need to whip out its old "try harder" advertising slogan to convince Wall Street that the rental car business is still relevant.