The cornerstone of the legal environment in the United States is based upon two principles, (1) the rule of legal thought, and (2) the independence of the legal system. The rule of legal thought provides that society is subject to the legal rules, for all.
- HUD wants low-income families on housing assistance to pay more rent April 25, 2018Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson announced Wednesday a proposal that would increase rent payments for more than two million of the nation's poorest.
- What data scandal? Facebook is growing April 25, 2018So much for the campaign to Delete Facebook.
- Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams is $200,000 in debt. She's not alone April 25, 2018Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams is more than $200,000 in debt.
- Chipotle stock up 10% thanks to price hikes and new stores April 25, 2018Chipotle hiked its prices and opened new restaurants, and it paid off.
- Lending Club misled customers about hidden fees, regulators say April 25, 2018Lending Club misled customers about hidden fees and took money from their accounts without authorization, regulators say.
- Here's why Subway could close another 500 restaurants April 25, 2018Fast food sandwich chain Subway expects to close about 500 stores in North America this year.
- Can Hulu keep 'The Handmaid's Tale' momentum going? April 25, 2018If someone asked in 2016 which of the major streaming services would be the first to win the Emmy for Best Drama, most would have probably said Netflix. Yet, almost out of nowhere, it was Hulu that took home the award last year for "The Handmaid's Tale."
- Snapchat redesigns its app again. Stock plunges April 25, 2018Read full story for latest details.
- Workers and shareholders call GE an 'embarrassment' April 25, 2018Read full story for latest details.
- YouTube Kids adds new controls for parents April 25, 2018YouTube Kids has struggled with disturbing videos, like beloved Disney characters in violent or sexual situations, sneaking past its automated filters.