The cornerstone of the legal environment in the United States is based upon two principles, (1) the rule of legal thought, and (2) the independence of the legal system. The rule of legal thought provides that society is subject to the legal rules, for all.
- Using the Simpsons to explain how Asian Americans are overlooked November 18, 2017Read full story for latest details.
- Black Friday: Your ultimate holiday shopping guide November 18, 2017America's top retailers are gearing up for the biggest shopping weekend of the year.
- Who is covered by DACA? Teachers, caregivers and more November 18, 2017Who are America's Dreamers?
- A notorious Russian Twitter troll claims to be back, and Twitter has not stopped it November 17, 2017A Kremlin-linked troll that has become infamous after having fooled thousands of Americans appears to have returned to Twitter more than a week ago. The account is proudly touting itself as a Russian troll in its Twitter bio, but Twitter has taken no action against it.
- 'Justice League' looks to its biggest heroes for box office success November 17, 2017Warner Bros.' DC Entertainment is bringing out all its stars for this weekend's comic book mash-up, "Justice League." But will audiences embrace the superhero squad at the box office the way they flocked to this summer's "Wonder Woman?"
- How would the middle class fare under the Senate tax bill? November 17, 2017Republicans and Democrats offer wildly different interpretations of what the latest version of the Senate tax bill would do for the middle class and other income groups.
- Tesla's truck, not out until 2019, already has orders November 17, 2017Tesla finally unveiled its oft-delayed electric semi-truck Thursday night. And even though production isn't expected to start on it until 2019, companies are already placing orders for Elon Musk's big rig.
- Tracing the roots of conservative skepticism in the media with S.E. Cupp November 17, 2017S. E. Cupp's conservative views haven't changed since she started hosting her own show, "SE Cupp Unfiltered," on HLN.
- Daily Beast among digital sites eyeing sale November 17, 2017Digital media is facing a reckoning.
- What the Senate tax bill would do for sexual harassment victims November 17, 2017An amendment to the tax reform bill working its way through Congress would deny businesses the ability to write off sexual harassment settlements as business expenses.