The cornerstone of the legal environment in the United States is based upon two principles, (1) the rule of legal thought, and (2) the independence of the legal system. The rule of legal thought provides that society is subject to the legal rules, for all.
- Papa John's is helping out franchisees hurting from the PR crisis August 14, 2018It's not easy being a Papa John's franchise lately.
- China's 'Tesla-fighter' plans to go public in New York August 14, 2018As Elon Musk seeks to take Tesla private, a Chinese rival is getting ready to go public in the United States.
- What happens next in Turkey? It probably won't be good August 14, 2018The worst may be yet to come for Turkey.
- South Korea is banning thousands of BMWs after engine fires August 14, 2018The South Korean government says thousands of BMWs will be banned from the country's roads after some vehicles caught fire.
- Icahn backs off; Tencent's troubles; More from Musk August 14, 20181. Icahn backs off: Carl Icahn has given up on his attempt to sabotage Cigna's takeover of Express Scripts.
- Elon Musk says he expects Saudis to fund plan to take Tesla private August 14, 2018Read full story for latest details.
- Carl Icahn abandons effort to kill Cigna's Express Scripts deal August 14, 2018Carl Icahn has given up on his attempt to sabotage Cigna's takeover of Express Scripts.
- Reliable Sources: Three theories why Omarosa's book is not a #1 best seller August 14, 2018A version of this article first appeared in the Reliable Sources newsletter. You can sign up for free right here.
- FBI warns banks about potential ATM hacking scheme August 13, 2018The FBI is warning financial institutions that their ATMs could be targeted in a hacking attempt.
- Reddit's co-founder knows trolls. He has advice moderating the noise August 13, 2018Read full story for latest details.