The cornerstone of the legal environment in the United States is based upon two principles, (1) the rule of legal thought, and (2) the independence of the legal system. The rule of legal thought provides that society is subject to the legal rules, for all.
- Ryanair says it may move fleet out of U.K. over Brexit July 24, 2017Europe's largest airline says it may have to move its entire U.K. fleet out of the country if it doesn't get clarity on Brexit by next fall.
- North Korea cancels annual beer festival, tour firms say July 24, 2017North Korea's annual beer festival appears to have run dry after just one year.
- German automakers in trouble; Earnings flow; Airline warning July 24, 20171. Trouble in Germany: Shares in German automakers dropped by about 3% Monday over worries about an investigation into collusion.
- Amazon and Whole Foods earnings; Fed decision; Trump economy reading July 24, 20171. Earnings deluge continues. Get ready for an earnings-paloooza. Big names from tech, food, retail and energy will redeliver their quarterly financial reports next week.
- 'Made in Germany' faces new test as antitrust claims are leveled at automakers July 24, 2017Read full story for latest details.
- IMF slashes U.S. growth forecasts for 2017 and 2018 July 24, 2017Read full story for latest details.
- European officials probe claims of huge German car cartel July 23, 2017Storm clouds are gathering again over Germany's biggest industry.
- Kellyanne Conway: Russia is 'not a big story' July 23, 2017Kellyanne Conway, sparring with CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday, said the media is too focused on Russia.
- 'Dunkirk' wins weekend box office, 'Girls Trip' surprises July 23, 2017"Dunkirk" won at the box office and "Girls Trip" surprised.
- Kushner and Ivanka Trump detail big tech stake, art and up to $762 million in assets July 23, 2017Read full story for latest details.